Monday, October 27, 2008

9 dollar doughnuts.

Today I went to Starbucks.
At the register they were selling a box of mini donuts for 9 dollars. 9 dollars for mini donuts. Is this the world we live in now? These donuts are not even fresh! They are packaged and shipped and probably frozen at some point. For some reason this really pissed me off. Maybe its because I'm broke. Maybe its because the people working there would have to work for an hour and a half to afford these donuts. Maybe its because everything that is happening in and to this country right now we deserve. Why? Because we find it totally acceptable to buy a 5 dollar coffee and 10 dollar donuts. Maybe its time we found out how difficult life can really be.

2 comments:

LauramomBoston said...

they are not fresh. my friend worked there. they are frozen boxed perservatives. its disgusting.

never eat pastry from Starbucks.

wise advice from a mum.

;)

Bryan Mcpherson said...

I knew it! Bastards.
Thanks Laura.